- Lobsters – 4 fresh
- Crushed crackers or bread crumbs – 3 cups
- Butter – melted, to taste
- Minced clams and liquid – 8oz can
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 tbsp
- Clam juice – 8oz
- Celery salt – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed pepper – ź tsp
- Horseradish – 2 tbsp
- Grated cheese – to taste (optional)
- Tomalley and roe from lobsters – to taste (optional)
Stuffing Mixture: crackers, clams and liquid, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, pepper, 1/4 cup butter and clam juice. Hold the live lobster firmly and with a large knife cut an opening in the stomach head to tail. Split open. Remove stomach and intestinal vein: discard. Remove greenish tomalley and coral roe (if any) and add to stuffing mixture. Fill each lobster’s body cavity with stuffing mixture. Place shell side down on broiler pan. Brush with butter. Place in oven on top rack. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. About five minutes before the lobster is done, you may sprinkle cheese over the stuffing to melt.
Lobsters can be prepared ahead of time and cooked when ready.